In this post we are to reflect on the meanings we have made from our Colloquium class experience personally, academically, and in relationship to our major.
I dragged my feet about taking this class as I am a native Floridian and have had plenty of experience in the wilds of my native land. Still, I learned a lot and enjoyed the field trips as a break from classroom activities. Plus, I wisely waited until the spring semester when it was much cooler, which made the trips far more enjoyable. As I told an adviser who questioned why I had not yet taken colloquium: "I am not about to traipse about this campus in the heat!" More snakes then too. I'm sure they all have some vital role in the ecosystem, and their absence would discombobulate everything like the absence of wolves did, but I prefer to live in denial and continue to think of them as thoroughly unnecessary.
I am an English major with a Creative Writing minor. I love to write, and this class has reminded me why I should devote some of my writing time to writing about the environment and sustainable practices. I hope to keep that in my mind as I continue forward in my studies and my career. Things are desperate and to me they seem hopeless. I don't tend to have a lot of faith that people can change. I spent most of the semester depressed about this. Maybe, I can help to make a change through my writing.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment