For a project in another one of my classes, I have begun to learn the healing art of Reiki. Reiki is a Japanese hands on healing technique using energy fields rediscovered by Dr. Usui (that's him at the top) in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It is believed to be what Jesus and Buddha used. Reiki can be used on plants, animals, and people.
Reiki is not just something you learn either. You have to be connected to the Reiki energies to use it. I had my first "attunement" two weeks ago. It threw me for a loop for at least a week and is now settling within my system. I still have one more week of adjustment to go, then I can have my next attunement.
Reiki can be used to heal others and to heal yourself (which is the focus of the first attunement). One of the reasons I wanted to learn it is because of how it connects humans across borders. I can trace my attunement energy back to Dr. Usui through a lineage of 16 people. It's very cool! Plus I can use it to help others. One has to be open to have a Reiki treatment and open to give a Reiki treatment. You have to intend good for the world. I love it! I feel more connected to the earth and to my fellow humans --even though right now, my attunemnet has stirred up a great deal of anger at the moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment